Sign the SumOfUs mining petition
The company responsible for the worst mining disaster in Canadian history wants to build a new open-pit copper mine in the heart of the iconic and pristine rainforests of Clayoquot Sound, and to conduct exploratory drilling at the long-abandoned Fandora gold mine. Both the Ahousaht and the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations have vetoed these projects.
This is not a site for an open-pit copper mine. It’s an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Tell Imperial Metals to drop its Clayoquot Sound mining projects.
Salmon farms out of Clayoquot Sound!
Salmon farms in Clayoquot Sound are putting wild salmon at risk. Take action now to get them out of the ocean. Please send a letter now to Prime Minister Trudeau asking him to legislate removal of salmon farms from Canada’s oceans.
Clayoquot Action activities are governed by these Peaceful Action Agreements:
1. Our attitude is one of openness, friendliness and respect toward everyone we encounter.
2. We will use no violence, verbal or physical, toward anyone.
3. We will not damage any property.
4. We will strive for an atmosphere of calm and dignity.
5. We will carry no weapons.
6. We will not bring or use alcohol or drugs.
7. We are all personally and collectively responsible to model and adhere to this agreement.