Help stop Clayoquot salmon lice epidemic
It’s time to demand that Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson take a stand for wild salmon. He needs to stop approving toxic chemicals for use on open-net pen salmon farms, and order a cull of lice-infested farmed salmon immediately, before they can harm juvenile wild salmon currently migrating out from rivers into the ocean.
Show Minister Wilkinson that you care! Please send your letter today.
Sign the SumOfUs mining petition
The company responsible for the worst mining disaster in Canadian history wants to build a new open-pit copper mine in the heart of the iconic and pristine rainforests of Clayoquot Sound, and to conduct exploratory drilling at the long-abandoned Fandora gold mine. Both the Ahousaht and the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations have vetoed these projects.
This is not a site for an open-pit copper mine. It’s an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Tell Imperial Metals to drop its Clayoquot Sound mining projects.
Take the Coast Protectors pledge
The Union of BC Indian Chiefs is calling on citizens who are opposed to Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline expansion to take a pledge to peacefully resist this un-needed and dangerous project.
Please take a moment to show your opposition to pipeline expansion—take the Pledge here.
Clayoquot Action activities are governed by these Peaceful Action Agreements:
1. Our attitude is one of openness, friendliness and respect toward everyone we encounter.
2. We will use no violence, verbal or physical, toward anyone.
3. We will not damage any property.
4. We will strive for an atmosphere of calm and dignity.
5. We will carry no weapons.
6. We will not bring or use alcohol or drugs.
7. We are all personally and collectively responsible to model and adhere to this agreement.